QuantAQ data file structure

Hello, QuantAQ community!

It would be super helpful to get a simple explanation of the file structure with all column names in raw, final and raw+final files. Also, which one to really consider for quality analysis?

And is there a difference in the file structure of automatically downloaded vs manually downloaded data?
I noticed in the automatically downloaded file only final PM1, PM2.5 and PM10 are present and there is no bin data.
I think this topic would be helpful for community.

Hi Saumya,

The ‘final’ data file contains the final PM1, PM2.5, and PM10 values that are needed for your analysis.

Can you clarify what you mean by “automatically downloaded” vs “manually downloaded” data?

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry about the confusing language in my question. By " automatically downloaded" I mean using py-quantaq codes (Using this Library — py-quantaq 1.1.0 documentation) and “manually downloaded” means I downloaded the data from the website one by one for each monitor. I hope this is clear.

Hi Saumya,

Thanks for that additional information. Yes, there are expected to be slightly different structures depending on how you downloaded the data and which product it is for. Generally, the documentation of the fields for all data downloaded via the API can be found here. We will work to improve that over the coming days and will I will add a link here when that is complete.

As for which data to use, the ‘final’ data is what should be used for most analysis. For a reference on how to get either the ‘raw’ or ‘final’ data, I would check out this section of the py-quantaq docs. If that still doesn’t work, please let me know and I can try to include a more in-depth example.